[act-ma] 3/1: "Don't Wait Till We're Dead" Youth Talent Show

Maddie Ribble maddie.ribble at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:06:42 PST 2007

Come out next weekend and support Boston youth at Spontaneous Celebrations,
enjoy some incredible performances, and learn about the issues teenagers in
Boston are concerned about.

Friday night, March 2nd, is the 3rd Annual "Don't Wait Till We're
Dead"  Talent Show from 7-10pm .  The talent  show  highlights youth in
Boston who are working to make positive change in  their community.  The
mission of  Beantown Society is to unite youth in Boston across race, class,
culture, and neighborhood to end youth violence by changing youth's
oppression, neglection, rejection, and depression into youth power.  This
year's talent show will feature a short play about youth violence, a tribute
to the 74 victims of murder whose lives were taken in 2006 as well as dance,
spoken word, and musical performances.  Tickets for the event are
$5/youth,  $10/adults at the door or $3/youth, $7/adults in advance.  All
Proceeds from the event go to the  Beantown Society College Scholarship
Fund.  This event will most likely sell out before hand.  Contact
jenkiok at yahoo.com for more information or tickets in advance.

Spontaneous Celebrations, 45 Danforth St., Jamaica Plain, MA (a short walk
from the Stony Brook T stop on the Orange Line).