[act-ma] 3/10 Human Peace Symbol update and reminder

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Mar 9 08:31:46 PST 2007

 From nick giannone <nickgiannone at msn.com>

    Thanks to all of you who have signed up to be a part of the Giant
    Human Peace Symbol tomorrow. There has been a “surge” in interest in
    the past week and I am sure that we will have a successful event
    tomorrow.

    The weather is supposed to be much warmer than the last couple of
    days. The latest forecasts are predicting temps in the 40’s and
    partly cloudy. Keep in mind that we will not be moving much and wear
    enough layers to stay warm. Also, the ground will probably thaw and
    may be soggy so you may want to bring something to sit on. Some
    people have requested chairs but I have not been able to secure
    many. If you need a chair it would be best if you could bring your own.

    The lawn at Copley is sort of a light tan/brown color. I wrote
    earlier that people should avoid wearing green but that won’t be a
    problem based on the dead grass. Bright colored clothing is
    definitely recommended.

    Yesterday, I did a practice run with a photographer from the
    Prudential Tower Skywalk. We will definitely have some good photos
    from that vantage point.

    The schedule is still as follows:

    10:00 – 12:00 Laying out of Peace Symbol on the ground. If anyone
    wants to show up early and help with this you are more than welcome.

    12:00 – 1:00 Checking in and filling up the Peace Symbol. I hope to
    have everyone in place by 1:00 because that is when the press (if
    they show) is expected to arrive.

    1:00 – 2:00 Depending on weather and how people feel, we can
    maintain the formation until 2:00 or break up a little earlier.

    Things to bring-

    Something to sit on – blankets, chairs, boxes, etc.

    Warm and colorful clothes.

    Flags, banners, signs, etc.

    Leaflets for upcoming activities to share.

    Tables for anti-war literature.

    I think that’s all. I’ll see you tomorrow.

    -Nick

    Event: Human Peace Symbol