[act-ma] Wed 15 March BCA sharpens its focus---localization

David Lewit dlewit at igc.org
Sat Mar 17 11:10:27 PDT 2007

SHARPENING OUR FOCUS

Boston-Cambridge Alliance for Democracy's next meeting will be on Wednesday,
March 21, at 7:00 p.m. at Cambridge Friends Meeting house, 5 Longfellow Park
(10-minute walk from Harvard Square T station, west on Brattle St.),
Cambridge.

                                     -  Agenda -

The chapter will consider localization in its many aspects as our answer to
corpor-ate globalization.  We will discuss demo-cracy and the economy of our
region-New England.  We will discuss how to strengthen local and regional
democracy and local and regional economies.  And we will discuss how best to
organize ourselves as chapters (BCA, North Bridge, and others) to take
action on these things.

     Bring your suggestions for how most of us can participate in organizing
a Boston-area council of organizations to promote local and regional
self-reliance.  We are pro-democracy...If you feel this is not "the answer",
let us hear yours.  Come, & thanks!

                         Open to All  ---  Refreshments