[act-ma] 4/28 COME TO A DANCE BENEFIT FOR CITY LIFE/VIDA URBANA

actma moderator actma at rcn.com
Thu Apr 19 18:58:02 PDT 2007

COME TO A DANCE BENEFIT FOR CITY LIFE/VIDA URBANA

EL GRAN FIESTON DE LAS AMERICAS

SATURDAY APRIL 28, 2007

7:00-12:00 MIDNIGHT

AT SPONTANEOUS CELEBRATIONS

45 DANFORTH STREET

JAMAICA PLAIN, MA (STONYBROOK T STATION)

DANCE  MUSIC  MULTICULTURAL DINNER  PERFORMANCES  GUESTS FROM NEW
BEDFORD

CALL FOR INFORMATION:  617.524.3541 X311

City Life/Vida Urbana (CLVU) invites you to our eighth annual El Gran
Fiesta de Las Americas on Saturday, April 28, 2007 from 7pm-midnight at
Spontaneous Celebrations (45 Danforth St.  near Stoneybrook Station/Orange
Line) in Jamaica Plain.  For thirty-four years, CL/VU has supported
organizing collective action and movement building to change the conditions
that undermine our lives as tenants, parents, low-income and working
class people, people of color, and immigrants.

The Fiesta is a very popular fundraising celebration of our multi-cultural
roots, with dinner, entertainment, and a vibrant dance party. You will
not only have a great time, but also feel good about supporting our vital
organizing work.  You may even be inspired to volunteer with our
activities.

Building solidarity to put people before profit

Francisco Matorras, Yadira Reyes, Mike Wolfson
Tickets:            $25 in advance/$30 at the door      Children: $5
Teens: $12
Dance Party Only $10.00 AFTER 9:00 PM

Please consider forwarding this message to members of your group and your
friends.  Visit our website:   http://www.clvu.org
(contact Kay at  <mailto:kmathew at clvu.org> kmathew at clvu.org tel:
617-524-3541 ext 311).