[act-ma] No Pride in Occupation: 6/8 - Dyke March; 6/9 - LGBTQ Pride

IAC Boston iacboston at iacboston.org
Wed Jun 6 11:54:12 PDT 2007

*/NO PRIDE IN OCCUPATION!/

March with Us! *

*Join with Stonewall Warriors/International Action Center and Women's
Fightback Network at the *
*Dyke March on Friday, June 8 and at Pride on Saturday, June 9.*

*1)  March with the Stonewall Warriors, and others as part of the
AskTellAct Coalition contingent in Pride on Saturday, June 9.*

there has been a groundswell of opposition to the Pride Committee's
subservient nationalism-in-a-time-of-war message. The AskTellAct
Coalition - http://www.asktellact.org - has been meeting for a month and
the movement against, war racism and sexism in the LGBT community is
growing! Our community has a major role to play in helping end the
immoral and unjust wars of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan and to
bring the troops home NOW!  We need to send a strong message that there
is "NO PRIDE IN OCCUPATION"!

** Work Session* - Help make banners and placards for Pride
Thursday, June 7 at 6:30 at the Action Center, 284 Amory Street (the
Brewery), JP (steps from Stonybrook T stop on the Orange Line.

** Dyke March* -- Friday, June 8 - meet at 5:30 pm at the bandstand at
Boston Common. Look for the AskTellAct flagpole with the pink flag and
the "No Pride in Occupation" banner.

** Pride* - Saturday, June 9 - 8--10:30 am -- come to the Action Center
to decorate the float
11:30 Join our contingent and float as it passes by 58 Berkeley Street
(former Hotel Workers Union Hall)

*2) Stonewall Warriors and Women's Fightback Network Pride Forum*

<%20http://www.freethefiveny.org/rainboweng.shtml>*Wednesday, June 13 -
6:30 PM *
*Action Center*
*284 Amory Street (the Brewery), JP   *
(steps from Stonybrook T stop on the Orange Line.

donation  refreshments  childcare

/*SPEAKERS:*/

*LeiLani Dowell* - National Organizer F.I.S.T. (Fight Imperialism Stand
Together), Rainbow Solidarity with the Cuban Five
*Mia Campbell* - Women's Fight Back Network, Revolutionary Poetry
*Rev. Franklin Hobbs* - Director Boston HIV State of Emergency Committee
G*erry Scoppettuolo* - Stonewall Warriors, International Action Center

** Rainbow Solidarity for the Cuban Five*

These U.S.-held political prisoners were jailed merely for having
infiltrated CIA-backed right-wing terrorist commando organizations to
monitor and stop attacks on Cuba from U.S. soil.

The struggle to win their freedom has galvanized a broad united front
among those who battle oppression based on their gender expression
and/or sex and who they love. Individuals and organizations have signed
on from 45 countries, from every continent and from virtually every
state in the continental U.S.

** Advances in LGBT rights and HIV Care in Cuba Come *

hear about he advances in free gender reassignment surgery, medical care
and possible government-endorsed civil unions or marriage. We in the
U.S. and elsewhere need a radical solution to end the HIV epidemic.

Discussion  to follow

for more information on Rainbow Solidarity for the Cuban Five -
http://www.freethefiveny.org/rainboweng.shtml

International Action Center

Boston:
617-522-6626