[act-ma] 7/01 CITIZENS SUMMIT & PROTEST MARCH on July 1st when Bush meets Putin in Maine

Stop the Wars Coalition info at stopthewars.org
Fri Jun 8 18:49:46 PDT 2007

For ridesharing check out. http://www.stopthewars.org/regional

***********Sunday, July 1st at 1:00pm rally &protest march*************

                          at the VILLAGE GREEN in Kennebunkport
located in front of the Captain Lord Mansion on Ocean Ave.

When President Bush meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in
Kennebunkport,Maine people of conscience will converge in the town for a
CITIZENS SUMMIT and protest MARCH TO THE BUSH COMPOUND
                            permits have been granted

The INTERNATIONAL MEDIA, NATIONAL PRESS, LOCAL and INDY MEDIA
will be present so we need to turn out thousands of protesters so that
the world can see that we do not support the war and policies, both
domestic and foreign,
of  Bush and his administration. We are calling for an immediate withdrawal
of U.S. Troops from Iraq and the removal of permanent bases. We will
also draw attention to the need to hold both Bush and Cheney accountable
for the
illegal war, torture and war crimes,  the mutilation of our
Constitution, the evisceration of habeas corpus, illegal surveillance of
citizens and abuses of
power.  We want the IMPEACHMENT of both BUSH & CHENEY!!!

Speakers at the rally include: David Swanson from "After Downing Street"
John Kaminski, president of Maine Lawyers for Democracy, Congressman
Dennis Kucinich,  Melida and Carlos Arredondo from Military Families
Speak Out
and others.
Music by Pat Scanlon and Band as well as others
The MARCH to follow the rally.
STREET THEATER: A 7' tall statue of Lady Liberty will be lying in a
casket and pulled on a cart as if in a funeral and death of liberty and
democracy. Please wear black clothing to mourn the death of Liberty!!
LOGISTICS:
Please do not drive to the assembly site as it will create an even
bigger traffic jam than we are expecting as it is July 4Th weekend.
PARK at the Kennebunk High School on RT#35 (Fletcher st) just off the RT#95
Kennebunk exit.  We will shuttle you down to Kennebunkport.
It is best to be there as close to 10:00am as possible as we have many
folks to shuttle and limited buses. PLEASE do not arrive close to noon
as we cannot guarantee your arrival to the rally on time.  Once in the
'Port you can spend some time sight seeing until the rally starts.

FOR MORE INFO:   www.maineimpeach.org
contact Jamilla at jamillaelshafei at yahoo.com
ORGANIZED BY: "THE KENNEBUNK PEACE DEPARTMENT"
MAINE LAWYERS FOR DEMOCRACY and the MAINE CAMPAIGN TO IMPEACH