[act-ma] 10/4 Thur. Keep Space for Peace: Film/Speaker

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Fri Sep 28 12:10:57 PDT 2007

First Thursday Film Series:
Is there a star war in our future?

October 4-13 is National Keep Space for Peace Week

6:45 PM, Thursday October 4

Central Square Public Library

45 Pearl Street, Cambridge, Ma

Special Guest: Mary Beth Sullivan is traveling from Maine to join us. She is the Outreach Coordinator for the Global Network against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space

We will show a short video that features Bruce Gagnon (founder of the Global Network) presenting information on the current use of space technology in the Iraq War; and advocating economic conversion to peacetime uses. We will also show an excerpt of the film "Arsenal of Hypocrisy" with archival footage of the origins of the space program after World War II.

Extended informal discussion after the film. Refreshments will be served.

There is an inexpensive parking garage next to the library and some parking on the street. Pearl Street is just off Mass Avenue in central Square, Cambridge

Presented jointly by the Women;'s International League for Peace & Freedom and the Cambridge Peace Commission

For more information call 617 244 8054. Admission is free.