[act-ma] 11/1 France Moore Lappe at JP Forum (Thurs)

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:48:22 PDT 2007

France Moore Lappe - "When Hope Triumphs Over Fear"

Thursday, November 1st
7:00pm
FREE

First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St. (across from the Monument)
Jamaica Plain, MA

Citizens confidence in government is in a downward trend since the last
presidential election, and disillusion and disengagement continue to
spread.   Why is this happening, and how can we stop it?

Frances Moore Lappé is the author of sixteen books, including the 1971
three-million-copy bestseller, Diet for a Small Planet, has some
suggestions.

Lappe reveals an emerging trend that stands in marked contrast our current
"thin democracy."  She explores developments from clean election initiatives
to fair trade economies, from evolving standards of corporate accountability
to emerging forms of citizen involvement.  Lappe submits that there are
signs of a burgeoning new worldview that empowers individuals and emphasizes
community.  She calls this new alternative "living democracy" and challenges
us all to find entry points for involvement with this historical
breakthrough.

Sarah Schwartz Sax
Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
Assistant to Chuck Collins