[act-ma] 11/11 New England United regional meeting

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Nov 8 19:06:29 PST 2007

Your invited to attend this meeting to plan the future of New England

United against the War.

New England United is a coalition of peace and antiwar organizations
from around the region. Our next general meeting will be on Sunday,
November 11th at 1:00 PM at Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Avenue(near Beach
St. in Chinatown) in Boston. We encourage all supporting organizations
to send representatives, as we discuss the October 27 action and chart
our course for the future.
www.encuentro5.org <http://www.encuentro5.org>

Agenda

1. Introductions (10 minutes)
- name/organization/city&state

2. Approval of the Agenda, Facilitators, and Notetaker (5 minutes)

3. Finance report from NEU treasurer (10 minutes)

4. Evaluation of 10/27 Action (45 minutes)
- Objective - to create a record of what went well and what needs
improvement for future activities
- Method - Brainstorm: What Went Well? What Could Have Been Better?

5. Next Steps for NEU (45 minutes)
- Objective - to identify a range of projects, events and objectives for
New England United
- Methods - Brainstorm and Discussion: List Peace Movement Priorities
that Require Collective Action, Coordination Across New England.
- Identify Discrete Working Croups that can address priorities

6. Working Group Meetings (60 minutes)
- Define project/tasks
- Propose Timeline
- Identify a coordinator
- Next Working Group Meeting/Conference Call

7. Reportback from Working Groups (45 minutes)

8. Next NEU Regional Meeting Date (5 minutes)