[act-ma] Antiwar League Announcement

DougFuda at aol.com DougFuda at aol.com
Mon Nov 12 03:01:29 PST 2007

Hello, friends.

I am very pleased to tell you that the Antiwar League has arranged for our
good friend Jeff Taylor to speak in Boston at Wentworth Institute of Technology
 on November 29.

With no end in sight for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, with elements of
the War Party planning new wars ( Iran, Somalia, Lebanon? ), and with the
totalitarian aspects of the perpetual "war on terror" becoming more evident even
to voices in the mainstream media ( see _Mark Danner  in the LA Times_
(http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/fairenough/latimesC88.html)  ), the "war issue"
will be extremely hot for the upcoming  Presidential election year. As well it
should be.

Antiwar League will do everything in its power to promote a "Great Debate"
over the next 12 months about the future of America. This is hopefully just
the first step.

Please join us at Wentworth and bring others. If you work at a college,
please inform your students and colleagues. Please forward this message widely  or
direct people to this page on our website:

_http://www.antiwarleague.com/_mgxroot/page_10683.html_
(http://www.antiwarleague.com/_mgxroot/page_10683.html)

Also I can send this announcement as a pdf file ( for easy printing and
making posters) to anyone who requests it.

Sincerely,

Doug Fuda

A Dime's Worth of  Difference?

The  Bipartisan Nature of the

U.S. Foreign Policy  Establishment

Come hear political scientist and author Jeff  Taylor.

Thursday, November 29,  7  p.m.
_Wentworth Institute of  Technology_ (http://www.wit.edu/pop_directions.html)

550  Huntington Ave.,  Boston
Blount Auditorium – Annex  Central

(free and open to the  public)

_Dr. Jeff Taylor_ (http://www.popcorn78.blogspot.com/)  will speak and answer
questions about such topics as the conflict  between isolationism and
imperialism, the lack of difference  between the two major parties on foreign policy,
and  the "Jeffersonian" tendencies of the American people vs. the
"Hamiltonian" outlook of the foreign policy elite. The talk will  also include analysis
of recent political developments such as the failure  of the
Democratic-controlled Congress to oppose  the Iraq  war and the growing interest in the Ron
Paul presidential  candidacy.

Jeff Taylor is an Assistant  Professor of Political Science at  Western
Illinois  University. His book, _Where  Did the Party Go? William Jennings Bryan,
Hubert Humphrey, and the Jeffersonian  Legacy,_
(http://press.umsystem.edu/spring2006/taylor.htm)  was published by  University of Missouri  Press in 2006.

Dr. Taylor is appearing  courtesy of the _Antiwar  League_
(http://www.antiwarleague.com/)  of Boston.

contact:  Doug Fuda at 617-331-1491 or _dougfuda at aol.com_
(mailto:dougfuda at aol.com)

Doug  Fuda