[act-ma] 11/16 Boston Students Silent March

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Nov 14 05:37:48 PST 2007

*Boston Students Silent March
<http://www.copatriot.com/cgi-local/htmlos.cgi/00793.1.10656502836415277433/contrl/EveLyman_IraqMor/site/event-view.html>*
Boston SDS, students and groups from Boston University, Boston College,
Tufts, Harvard, MIT, Brown, Suffolk, Northeastern, Bunker Hill, Simmons,
Emmanuel, Emerson, SMFA, Mass Art, Berklee,
<http://bu.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20110470072>
In conjunction with the Iraq Moratorium, students who are against war
representing many campuses from the greater Boston area have come
together and are planning a silent procession to commemorate the lives
lost due to the terrible costs of war. We are calling for all to come
out Friday, November 16th at 4 PM wearing black clothing. We are also
asking for you to leave your protest signs at home. We will be lining up
in twos and will have a very simplified, powerful message on a single
banner at the front of the procession. We will also provide a sign for
everyone to wear and safety pins to attach it on. We will line up and
begin marching through Boston around 5 PM at the beginning of rush hour.
The route of the march is in the works, but as for now we are planning
to end it on Commonwealth Avenue around Boston University, on the B
Green line. This event is called for by students, yet we are encouraging
all anti-war folks to participate.
[Contact,_Updates,_Comments_and_Reports
<http://www.copatriot.com/cgi-local/htmlos.cgi/00793.1.10798224938515277433/contrl/EveLyman_IraqMor/site/event-view.html>]