[act-ma] 12/3 John Bolton at Amherst College

Tribal Scribal valeoftheoaks at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:15:23 PST 2007

Check it out! Far-right whack-job John Bolton will be at Amherst College Monday evening. Will YOU be there to "greet" him?  I sure will!

d.o.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ex-ambassador Bolton to visit Amherst
By Kristin Palpini
Staff Writer [Amherst Bulletin]
Published on November 30, 2007

Straight talk about international affairs is a speciality of former United Nations ambassador John R. Bolton, who will give an address at Amherst College Monday night.

Bolton's talk, "Dealing with Rogue States After Iraq," will commence at 8 p.m. in the Cole Assembly Room. The event is free and open to the public. Hadley P. Arkes, an Amherst professor of political science, expects Bolton will bring a conservative voice to campus not often heard at the college. "He's been a tough negotiator and rather forceful spokesman for American interests," said Arkes.

Bolton was the United States U.N. ambassador Aug. 1, 2005 through Dec. 9, 2006. Before this, he was the Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security for four years during the George W. Bush administration.

During his long political career, which stretches back to the 1980s, Bolton made a number of controversial statements about the importance of America as the world's leader.

In a 2005 New Yorker article, Bolton is quoted as saying, "It is a big mistake for us to grant any validity to international law even when it may seem in our short-term interest to do so - because, over the long term, the goal of those who think that international law really means anything are those who want to constrict the United States." Bolton now serves as a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a nonprofit think tank. Monday's lecture is part of a colloquium on America's founding principles.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical world."

- Thomas Jefferson
CAPE WIND: RIGHT PROJECT/WRONG PLACE!!
more rebellion here:
http://concertobi.blogspot.com/

Checkout The Enviro Show on WXOJ-LP, 103.3fm
Northampton, MA, Tuesdays, 6pm
http://envirosho.blogspot.com