[act-ma] 12/21: Boston Students Against War Iraq Moratorium Event

David Schaich daschaich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 15:51:44 PST 2007

****To Be Widely Dispersed***

Boston Students Present
Caroling for Peace!
Iraq Moratorium Day #4

Boston students against war from numerous area campuses.
The group of Boston students against war who held the silent procession
for last month's Moratorium have come together to plan Caroling for
Peace! We will be meeting at 330 PM on Friday, Dec 21st in Downtown
Crossing (corner of Washington St. and Bromfield St.).

We have enlisted the help of the Raging Grannies, who have dozens of
anti-war songs written, and we will be singing peaceful songs to classic
holiday tunes to the people shopping in the area. We are making a banner
as well as signs with quotations about peace from different denominations.

Bring your protest signs, your instrument, your singing voice, anything
you want! Extra points to those who bring a candle (electric or not) and
any other festive props.

In addition to singing, we are planning some skits as well as a handout
with suggestions on how people can support the anti-war movement during
the holidays.

Our major focus of this event is supporting our Troops, and our message
is that the best way to do that is by bringing them home NOW! On the
handout, we will provide information about supporting veterans
(especially IVAW), military families (especially Gold Star Families for
Peace), information on counter-recruitment efforts and legislation
concerning the condition of our troops.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US! Please contact us!

We hope to make this event even more successful than last (which is hard
to top!). It is a very busy time for students at the end of the
semester, so any help in planning is also greatly appreciated! We look
forward to seeing everyone again. Peace to all, Happy Holidays!

12/21/2007 330 PM, Downtown Crossing, Corner of Washington St. and
Bromfield St.
www.IraqMoratorium.org
BostonStudentsAgainstWar at gmail.com
facebook link: http://bu.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6497977161