[act-ma] 1/11 Shut Down Guantánamo march/street theater in Boston at 12:15 PM [Fri]

Brian Corr action at aclum.org
Fri Jan 4 11:00:59 PST 2008

Close Guantánamo on January 11, 2008!

Dear ACLU Activist,

On Friday, January 11, from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM, the ACLU of Massachusetts and
Amnesty International will be holding a solemn procession and protest
vigil in downtown Boston demanding the closure of Guantánamo prison: <http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=TzhjLXlcL_IlUfREHue44g..

Friday, January 11 is the National Day of Action to Close Guantánamo:
<http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=wpHDwefcENETUysBNuIoXQ..

Schedule:

12:15 PM: Assemble at the ACLU of Massachusetts office at 211 Congress
St., 3rd floor (corner of Congress and High Streets, close to South
Station and Post Office Square). Put on orange jumpsuits over warm
clothes and take signs, coffins, and a drum downstairs.

12:30 PM: Start procession from the plaza (with flagpoles) of the
large Bank of America building which is adjacent to the ACLU office.

1:00 PM: Reach JFK Federal Building in Government Center (next to
Boston City Hall Plaza).

1:15 PM: March in procession through downtown Boston back to the ACLU
office where jumpsuits, coffins and signs can be left.

Please RSVP so we know how many people will be joining us for this
important action! Sign up at
<http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=WpV3yfxH-StNHCgW0kB-lQ..
-- or reply and let me know if you are planning to join us
-- AND PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. You can now register online for the 2008 ACLU of Mass. Membership Conference with Daniel Ellsberg and
Rachel Maddow on Jan. 26 -- To register or for more information visit:
http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=P5yAP4JlK5YXaLRsB1pHQw..

Brian Corr
Field Organizer
ACLU of Massachusetts
211 Congress St., Boston, MA 02110
BCorr at ACLUM.org
617.482.3170x321

* Send this message to a friend: http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=R9bPkgcwDlTvelUHgFl_1Q..

* Become a card carrying member of the ACLU:
http://acluma.convio.net/site/R?i=sxZLbnGqvoezrajUfnoodQ..