[act-ma] Fri: "Mapping Stem Cell Research" Documentary, Free at JP Forum (1/11)

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:00:47 PST 2008

Free screening of "Mapping Stem Cell Research: Terra Incognita" and
Discussion

Friday, January 11th
First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St  (Across from the Monument!)
7:00pm, Parish Hall

Free admittance and Popcorn provided!

Some consider stem cell research the Holy Grail of regenerative medicine.
Others view the idea as morally wrong. But what would you do if your child
became paralyzed from the waist down and you had access to the research that
might allow them to walk again one day? These are questions our society
continues to grapple with. Follow a respected neurologist into the unknown
territory of stem cell research.

After the film we will discuss current issues in the Stem Cell debate with
co-founders of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" Vilunya Diskin and Sally Whelan.

Learn more about the Jamaica Plain Forum at:
http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Sarah Schwartz Sax
Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
Assistant to Chuck Collins