[act-ma] 1/30: Race, Class and Obesity in the African American Community

eric at ericweltman.com eric at ericweltman.com
Thu Jan 24 13:44:57 PST 2008

RACE, CLASS AND OBESITY IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY:
What Got Us Here and What Can We Do to Move Forward?

Sponsored by the Massachusetts Public Health Association

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
6:00 – 8:00 pm

Roxbury YMCA
285 Martin Luther King Blvd.

Welcoming Remarks:
Senator Dianne Wilkerson

Featured Speakers:
Shiriki Kumanyika, Associate Dean for Health Promotion and Disease
Prevention, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine

Robert Hall, Acting Chair, African American Studies Department,
Northeastern University

Come learn about the changing history of diet in our community and how
it’s affecting our health. Join the public health community to work for
change!

For more information, contact Terry Mason at the Massachusetts Public
Health Association (MPHA): 617-524-6696, ext. 103; tmason at mphaweb.org.

Co-sponsored by: The Boston Organization of Nutritionists and Dieticians
(BOND) of Color, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the Roxbury
YMCA, and the Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program, Boston Medical
Center.

A Massachusetts Public Health Association (MPHA) Nutrition Section Event
Learn more about MPHA at www.mphaweb.org.