[act-ma] 2/2 (Sat) Crisis & Global Finance Capital w/Richard Peet (e5, Chinatown, 7:00 - 9:00)

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Jan 31 11:39:03 PST 2008

As global financial markets come unhinged, as people lose their homes and
livelihoods, as the cost of war escalates, as workers and borders cross one
another, it is time to think about the economic system that structures our
choices and determines much of our life chances...

Join renowned scholar and economic geographer Richard Peet as he helps
navigate this often hidden world. An informed and rigorous thinker, Peet is
also a charismatic and trenchant critic of the rule of capital.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
7:00 - 9:30 p.m.
encuentro 5
33 Harrison Ave, 5th flr
Boston, MA 02111

http://www.massglobalaction.org/projects/flyer-2008-02-02.pdf

Richard Peet teaches geography at Clark University. For a video of a
presentation by Richard to a scholarly crowd at UC Berkeley, see
http://geography.berkeley.edu/PredFest/Richard_Peet.html
. encuentro 5 regulars will remember Richard Peet's stirring presentation on
South Africa as we readied our delegation to the 7th World Social Forum in
Nairobi, Kenya.

Suren Moodliar
Telephones: 617-482-6300 (wk); 617-482-7300 (fax); 617-968-0880 (cell)
Projects: encuentro 5 & fair employment
Address: 33 Harrison Ave, 5th floor, Boston, MA 02111
Websites: www.massglobalaction.org; www.fairjobs.org; www.encuentro5.org

Visit: www.reclaimingtheivorytower.org for a handbook on organizing and
strategizing!