[act-ma] Sunday: "Who Owns Our Water?" with Maude Barlow in JP (3/2)

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:35:17 PST 2008

"Who Owns Our Water? The Global Grassroots Struggle to Take Back the Tap"
with Maude Barlow, world renowned water rights expert

Sunday, March 2nd at 7:00pm

The Jamaica Plain Forum
First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist Sanctuary
6 Eliot St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
FREE

The "water wars" are on the horizon.  Just like oil today.  We suffer a
moral predicament as big corporations reap windfall profits from privatizing
water while billions go thirsty.  But who owns our water in the first
place?  How can we protect this common resource for all, now and forever?

There is no one better to address this issue and provide us with hopeful
direction than world renowned global expert on water rights, Maude Barlow.
Maude will discuss how protecting our water sources from corporate interests
is as crucial as curbing greenhouse gas emissions.  Furthermore, she will
lay out the actions that we as global citizens must take to secure a
water-just world - a "blue covenant" for all.

Maude's new book "Blue Covenant" will be for sale at the event.

This event is coordinated by Grassroots International, Institute for Policy
Studies, Food and Water Watch, and Jamaica Plain Forum.

Many thanks to our co-sponsors: Massachusetts Global Action, Corporate
Accountability International, The Tellus Institute, and Boston Climate
Action Network

Sarah Schwartz Sax
Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
Assistant to Chuck Collins