[act-ma] Fwd: FW: [gbcrc-list] 3/22 Immigrant Rights Interactive Workshop - Arlington Street Church

Molly Adelstein peacepunk315 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 12:18:23 PDT 2008

          From: gbcrc-list at yahoogroups.com [mailto:gbcrc-list at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Stone
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:45 PM
To: gbcrc-list at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [gbcrc-list] 3/22 Immigrant Rights Interactive Workshop - Arlington Street Church

          Passing along this announcement to list members of the Greater Boston Civil Rights Coalition

  Come to an:
  Interactive Work Shop on Immigrant Rights
  ·               WHEN: Saturday, March 22nd, 11am-3pm
  ·               WHERE: Arlington Street Church (351 Boylston Street, Boston by Arlington T stop)
  ·               WHO: Elena Letona, Executive Director of Centro Presente
  ·               WHAT: Interactive work shop on immigration issues and immigrant rights.
  ·               FOOD: Latino lunch will be provided.

  DETAILS: The work shop is sponsored by two Arlington Street Church (ASC) committees: Santuario para todas and the Jubilee committee. We will share stories about our own family immigrant backgrounds, and members from the Latino community will be there to testify about raids and deportations. There will also be a 20 minute video about the New Bedford raid that happened in March 2007.

  The congregational membership of ASC recently voted to be a sanctuary (or santuario) for immigrant rights, and to become part of the interfaith New Sanctuary Movement. The immediate goals of Santuario para todas of ASC are to educate ourselves on immigrant issues so that we can become strong advocates of immigrant rights, and to also support and work with immigrant
  rights groups like Centro Presente. If you plan to come to our work shop, please RSVP by sending an email to socialaction at ascboston.org (and put "March 22nd work shop" in the subject line).

  Attention media: If you have any questions please contact-
  Peter Lowber, member of Arlington Street Church
  plowber at hotmail.com