[act-ma] 4/18: "A Dream in Doubt" Documentary Screening and Discussion (Fri.)

Jamaica Plain Forum jamaicaplainforumsarah at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:09:43 PDT 2008

"A Dream in Doubt" Screening and Discussion
Presented by The Jamaica Plain Forum

Friday, April 18th at 7:00 p.m.

First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
FREE

It was the first hate-based murder in the wake of September 11, 2001–one of
thousands of reported and unreported hate crimes in the years that followed.
The victim: a turbaned Sikh man in Mesa, Arizona, where his family had
sought religious freedom, searching for the American Dream. Meet a family
still determined to believe in that dream, even as the nightmare continues
for many religious and ethnic minorities in a climate of xenophobia and
fear.

Please join the Jamaica Plain Forum for a free preview of "A Dream in
Doubt," followed by a community discussion with Mr. Navjeet Singha, regional
director of SALDEF, the Sikh-American Legal Defense and Education Fund.

The Jamaica Plain Forum is a series of community conversations on the great
issues shaping our neighborhood and our planet. Please join us for our free
events, including films, discussions and workshops. Learn more at
http://www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Sarah Schwartz Sax
Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
Assistant to Chuck Collins