[act-ma] May Day - International Workers Day

Molly Adelstein peacepunk315 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 06:25:39 PDT 2008

May Day is fast approaching. If you haven't heard, there's going to be a rally at the commons on May 1st at 4pm and a march at 5:30 to Copley where there will be a closing rally. (For info on the event: http://bostonmayday.org/) There are also May day events planned in East Boston and Somerville as well. If you don't know what May Day is, I'd recommend going here for a bit of background: http://www.iww.org/projects/mayday/

The last May Day planning meeting (for the Boston event) before the big day will be next Thursday 4/24/08 at 6:30 pm at Encuentro5. We'll be finalizing some things and coordinating last-minute outreach (such as flyering at T stations).

We need some volunteers for the following roles:
- Stage coordinators
- Masters of Ceremonies (one M, one F?)
- Fundraising (passing the collection bucket)
- Flyering - SREAD THE WORD
- Speaking - we're looking for people from any of the sponsoring organizations who want to speak at the commons. If you're not from a sponsoring organization and you want to speak, that's fine too. We'll probably have an open-mic at some point during the rally as well.

If you want to get involved or you want more information email info at bostonmayday.org or even better come to the meeting!

Hope to see you all there!

with love and solidarity,
Molly