[act-ma] Act-ma problems and reminders

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Mon Apr 21 10:03:11 PDT 2008

A number of people are not getting act-ma announcements.  We are trying
to get to the bottom of the problem.  In the short run we have figured
out that if you don't get the announcements you can change to digest
mode and you will get them in digest format.  There is a reminder of
this on the act-ma website www.act-ma.org

If you use our standard date format people will be able to find it on
our website sorted by date.  A number of people don't get our emails but
check the website.  You make it much more likely they will find your
announcement if you use the standard format. In the current
implementation of act-ma, we have no ability to edit the subject or
announcement.  We used to reformat subject lines to the standard format
but we can no longer do it so it's up to you to do it.

the recommended format is

mm/dd a good description of your event

Your subject line often makes the difference whether people open you
message to look at it so give it some thought.

Check out
http://act-ma.org/pipermail/act-ma_act-ma.org/2008/subject.html
to see how your event will come out date sorted if you use the right
format.    Several radio shows use this feature to pick events to
announce on the air, so you really increase you chance that they will
announce your event.

Charlie Welch
for Act-MA