[act-ma] Sun 5/25/08 RADIO with a VIEW on WMBR 88.1 FM 10am-12noon

David Goodman david at ibisradio.org
Fri May 23 15:37:28 PDT 2008

The Independent Broadcast Information Service, in cooperation with WMBR,
Cambridge presents:

"RADIO with a VIEW"
Sun. 3/23/08
10am - 12noon

Listen: WMBR, Cambridge 88.1FM and www.wmbr.org (live webcast & archive)

Guests and topics:

SIMON BILLENNESS, formerly of the New England Burma Roundtable and currently
a member of the Board of Directors of the US Campaign for Burma, joins Marc
& David for an update on the humanitarian and political situation in Burma.
We're also inviting KAYE LIN, a recent graduate of Boston University, and a
student leader of the Campaign.

Economist and author JARED BERNSTEIN directs the "Living Standards Program"
of the Washington, D.C. based Economic Policy Institute. We'll discuss the
principles in his new book: "Crunch: Why Do I Feel So Squeezed? (And Other
Unsolved Economic Mysteries).

Popular Fenway High School math teacher, OBAIN ATTOUOMAN was deported on
Wednesday. We'll have a full report including an extensive interview with
his lawyer, SUSAN COHEN of Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky, and Popeo
PC.

If there's time: Excerpts from the other! DAVID GOODMAN, author and
journalist, who spoke at the Jamaica Plain Forum on Friday, May 16, 2008.

If there's time: excerpts from the Jamaica Plain (Boston) Neighborhood
Development Corporation Community Summit, held Saturday, May 17, 2008.

"Grace Notes" with Grace Ross

Produced by Marc Stern & Dave Goodman for I.B.I.S. and the world!

COMING UP:

(06.01.08)
Charles Freifeld, a generous WMBR benefactor, comes into the studio with
Maggie Herzig, a senior associate and director of The Public Conversations
Project.

CONTACT us at: radioview at ibisradio.org