[act-ma] 6/10 People's Symposium: Election Reform (Tues)

David R. Ladon david.ladon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:47:12 PDT 2008

A People's Symposium: Election Reform
Tuesday June 10 at 6pm
at Symposium Books

Is our government sold out by special interest dollars?  Are we deluded into
a limited set of issue positions through the dumbing down of political
rhetoric and the monopoly of two political parties?

For many, the election reform platform is seen as a promising way to cleanse
our election system and open up the democratic process to more voices.  What
are the policy proposals that constitute this platform, and how do
we facilitate their passage through Congress and our state legislatures?
Join Election Action and Symposium Books for a community forum on these
exciting innovations that make our government more transparent, accessible,
and fair.  There will be special emphasis on Massachusetts, as we discuss
current campaigns to pass Election Day Registration and National Popular
Vote bills, as well as the dozens of organizations working on them.

Symposium Books is at 526 Commonwealth Ave in Kenmore Square
www.symposiumbooks.com
kenmore at symposiumbooks.com
617-585-6559