[act-ma] Top Stories from Open Media Boston (week of 6/13/08) / New Upcoming Events Section

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Fri Jun 13 19:39:16 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

Be sure to check out this week's top stories at www.openmediaboston.org:

News: Grass Roots Festival Blends Politics and Fun in JP
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/194

Editorial: Questioning the Great Massachusetts Biotechnology Giveaway
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/192

Note: This was a fairly slow news week for us. A couple of our crack
reporters were away, and things naturally slow down a bit in the summer.
So we thought we'd take this opportunity to mention that that Open Media
Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are only as good as the
contributions we get from you, the viewers, from week to week. We'd like
to encourage you all, especially the nearly 150 people that have signed
up as Users on OMB to always feel free to submit content in any media
form anytime. And be sure to comment on content that's already posted to
the site. If you've never posted content or a comment to OMB before,
check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.

NEW: OMB viewers - whether signed up as Users or not - can now post
events listings to our new Upcoming Events section in the left-hand menu
column of OMB by following the instructions at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Listings are moderated
by OMB staff.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher