[act-ma] MY TRIP TO GAZA, slide show: sunday, june 22, 12:15

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Jun 18 07:18:10 PDT 2008

MY TRIP TO GAZA

Skip Schiel's visual presentation & photo sale
Sunday, June 22, 2008, 12:15
Friends Meeting at Cambridge
5 Longfellow Park, Cambridge, convenient to the RedLine

Using photographs and stories Skip will present his experiences from his last journey to the land
of troubles. On a small pilgrimage part of his larger pilgrimage, Skip visited the apparent site of
the 2003 killing of Rachel Corrie, a young woman working with Palestinians in Rafah. He toured
the area near the Egyptian border wall which four days later Gazans breached in a nonviolent
attempt to break the siege. While in Gaza Skip worked with the American Friends Service Committee
youth program, teaching and photographing.

Flyer attached, please feel free to circulate. Our community is holding its regular monthly potluck that day from about 11:45 to 12:45 so the presentation and lunch will interweave. Feel free to come for food or just for the show.

Preview here: http://www.teeksaphoto.org/Levant2007/Subsites/Gaza_8_RafahGasCorrie/index.html

(for those not in the Boston area and living on either the west coast or in the south or New England of the United States, please consider inviting me for a show in your area. Details of my upcoming fall and winter tour here: http://www.teeksaphoto.org/Pages/PublicPresentations.html)

+++++++++++

Skip Schiel

9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA
skipschiel at gmail.com
617-441-7756
Website: http://teeksaphoto.org
Blog: http://skipschiel.wordpress.com

To join my email list about my recent (2007-8) experiences in Palestine-Israel, along with postings related to that issue, please reply with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

"Love the people, serve them and become a part of them."

--Leila Khaled ('My People Shall Live')