[act-ma] Two additions to this year's RFM Maine Summer Guide plus "Broken Peace"

Roger Leisner rleisnerrfm at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 08:59:48 PDT 2008

Two additions to this year's RFM Maine Summer Guide plus "Broken Peace"
The theme for the 2008 West Athens 4th of July Parade and Play is the "Olympics of Love".
According to the woman who performs the annual 4th of July dance at the play, the so-called organizers of the event will be inviting parade goers and audience members to perform their interpretation of the "Olympics of Love".  I think I will go as a "Broad Jumper" or as a "Javelin Thrower"
I will be attending this following event in Belmont on the first weekend of August.  It has been a long time since I danced in a starlit field listening to a killer DJ at a Maine Rave.  Looking forward to this one. Shroom, Shroom, Shroom!

The sixth annual free BelTek arts and music festival is set to grab
national attention this year. After a year of hard work and
planning, the event will be a landmark with more art, more music,
and more people in attendance at this festival than any other of
it's kind. This year’s festival will be held on Friday, Saturday
and Sunday August 1, 2 and 3 and will feature over 36 hours of
top-notch performers creating and mixing music of all kinds.

Conceptualized and founded in 2002 by Rick Kidson, WERU programmer
and Bel-Tek producer, Bel-Tek has been a labor of love for a
dedicated group of electronic music fans in the mid-coast region.
Their goal was to bring the experience of live electronic music to
the people of Maine, in a safe, comfortable and most importantly,
free festival. Each year the festival has grown in length,
attendance, and participation, and has gone from getting a great
local New England response to recieving national and international
attention.

Having accomplished the initial goal beyond all expectations, the
group is now focused on expanding the audience and festival to
include a diverse mix of artists. After 5 years of growing support,
Bel-Tek is set to explode this year with more music, more arts, and
more partygoers than ever before.

In addition to the great music to be shared, the festival will also
include fire-breathers, dancers, painters, sculptors, a graffiti
art competition, and video installations. In addition to all of the
art, expect to see several vendors offering services and goods
including coffee, food, clothing, jewelry, and hand-blown glass
from folks like Herbal Tea and Tobacco.

This festival is open to everyone of all ages, and totally free to
attend.. We encourage everyone to get involved with the festival
activities like games for kids, fire dance/poi workshops, and the
community canvases. There are 18 beautiful acres to camp on, with
running water, porta-potties, and all the necessities you need.

Come early, stay late, and be a part of the festival that's
changing the way festivals work and feel. For more information,
visit www.beltekfestival.com or email beltekfestival at mail.com.
The fun starts Friday, August 1st at 6 pm. See you there
My friend from Paul Bunyan/Stephen King land, Roxanne Munksgaard, has designed a startling piece entitled "Broken Peace"  Check out her web site as follows:

Dear Brothers, Sisters, Friends, Comrades and Cohorts:
With great joy, I am happy to announce that Maine Peace Works (formerly Back by Popular Demand) is now online!

Check out www.mainepeaceworks.com for handcrafted peace jewelry, featuring my newest metal works design "Broken Peace." This piece was designed in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the peace symbol and in protest of the 5th anniversary of the Iraq occupation. Each "Broken Peace" work is individually designed and numbered.

Make a fashion statement, shop with a conscience, and stand strong for peace!.