[act-ma] 8/4 Protest Pelosi's war (Mon)

peopleunite at verizon.net peopleunite at verizon.net
Mon Jul 28 10:04:39 PDT 2008

STAND UP TO THE WARMAKERS!

Protest

NANCY PELOSI

TROOPS HOME NOW  ||  NO REDEPLOYMENT TO AFGHANISTAN

MONDAY, AUGUST 4th
4:30pm – 7:00pm

at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum
Take the Red Line to JFK/UMASS Station. There is a free shuttle bus to the Library every 20 minutes.  Take the buses marked ‘JFK.’

The Democrats won a majority in the House of Representatives in 2006 on a popular mandate to bring
the troops home and to stop the war at home against working people.  As Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sets priorities for Congress.  Yet instead of listening to the people...

NANCY PELOSI:

•  Approved another $162 billion for war in Iraq and Afghanistan
•  Rubber stamped $400 million to destabilize and subvert Iran
•  Granted retroactive immunity to corporations for illegal wire tapping
•  Deregulated banks, fueling the current economic crisis
•  Refuses to endorse the National Health Insurance Act (HR 676)
•  Blocks congressional hearings on 35 articles of impeachment against Bush

Nancy Pelosi will be at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum to speak about her new autobiography.  We will join people from across the country to tell Nancy Pelosi that we are watching her this election season and will hold her accountable to the will of the people!  Please join us as we hold signs outside this event.

Sponsored by the Greater Boston Stop the Wars Coalition
http://stopthewars.org/stwc/