[act-ma] Aug 16, Sat., Benefit Party for South End Press

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Tue Jul 29 13:05:51 PDT 2008

Saturday,

August 16, 2008

8pm-1am

Drink. Dance. Party.

a benefit party for

South End Press

Come join us for dancing, drinking,

door prizes, raffles, books, friends,

family, and good times. A celebration

of summer, social change, and

radical publishing.

Spontaneous Celebrations

45 Danforth Street

Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

$8 and up

(no one turned away

for lack of funds)

with support from

Spontaneous Celebrations & Leftist Lounge

**********

South End Press

South End Press is an independent, nonprofit, collectively-run book publisher with more than 250 titles in print. Since our founding in 1977, we have met the needs of readers who are exploring, or are already committed to, the politics of radical social change. Our goal is to publish books that encourage critical thinking and constructive action on the key political, cultural, social, economic, and ecological issues shaping life in the United States and in the world. We hope to provide a forum for a wide variety of democratic social movements, and provide an alternative to the products of corporate publishing.

www.southendpress.org?

Read. Write. Revolt.

Community Supported Publishing

Celebrate the bounty of the harvest!

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has helped to make independent, healthy farming sustainable. Now there is Community Supported Publishing (CSP)! By joining the South End Press CSP movement you ensure a steady crop of books guaranteed to change your world. As a member you receive all the new varieties and choice heirloom selections free each month and a 10% discount on everything else. (That is: every new book we publish while you are a member and selected backlist and bestsellers)

By becoming a CSP member you not only show solidarity with the collective that operates South End Press, but enable us to continue and expand the way we serve and support radical movement. CSP members are crucial to our ongoing operations. It is your regular support that allows us to keep your shelves stocked with important books (even when they aren't on the NYT bestseller list!).

Just as real change comes about from sustained grassroots organizing and people joining together, we know it is the modest support from a broad range of people that will allow South End Press to survive and grow.

It is only with the support of ordinary people on a regular basis that we can continue to struggle. Won't you join the movement today?

Subscriptions start at $20/month.?