[act-ma] 9/12 Benefit for the Open Media Boston Youth Training in Collaborative Media, 7-10 p.m., $10+

OMB info at openmediaboston.org
Thu Aug 14 10:32:45 PDT 2008

[please forward widely]

BENEFIT PARTY!

Join the editors of Open Media Boston for a fun benefit in support of
our first Youth Training in Collaborative Media - set for a trial run
this fall.

Friday, Sept. 12
7-10 p.m.
encuentro 5
33 Harrison St
in Boston's Chinatown
Map: http://tinyurl.com/58d7y4
$10+ (sliding scale)
Purchase tickets at the door.

The training will be aimed at Boston high school students interested in
learning multimedia production for Open Media Boston and similar
collaborative web-based news sites. It will be co-sponsored by the UMass
Boston Community Media and Technology Department, and is expected to run
for a half-day.

We'll use the money raised towards outreach, paying professional media
trainers for their time, and purchasing any necessary equipment for the
training.

Expect music, drinks, snacks, special guests and good conversation.

Please r.s.v.p. if possible to info at openmediaboston.org.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Jason Pramas