[act-ma] 9/06 Organizing meeting for Oct. 11th Demonstration against the War

Stop the Wars Coalition info at stopthewars.org
Wed Sep 3 20:07:14 PDT 2008

The October 11 Mobilizing Committee for a demonstration against the war
is off and running.  We've got a lot of work to build a large march and
rally in Boston this fall.

Organizations attending our initial meetings agreed to immediately start
getting out the word about the October 11 action. The October 11
Mobilizing Committee has submitted applications for a permit for a rally
on Boston Common.  The March route is still under discussion.

Various subcommittees which have been meeting and we also have a website

http://oct11boston.org/

and listserv which all are invited to join. The address is:

   oct11boston at googlegroups.com

Discussions are proceeding around demands and the program. Much is being
done and there is much more to do.

Please join us at our next planning meeting as we prepare to mobilize
and demand the immediate and unconditional withdrawal of all occupation
forces from Iraq and the closing of all military bases. All are invited.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Saturday, Sept. 6, 3:00 PM

Encuentro 5
33 Harrison Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston (in Chinatown)