[act-ma] 9/12 (Friday) Benefit for the Open Media Boston Youth Training in Collaborative Media, 7 p.m.

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Thu Sep 11 13:32:48 PDT 2008

Benefit for the Open Media Boston Youth Training in Collaborative Media

encuentro 5
33 Harrison Ave., 5th Flr., Boston, MA 02111
Friday, September 12, 7-10 p.m.
directions - http://www.encuentro5.org/contact.htm

Join the editors of Open Media Boston for a fun benefit in support of our first Youth Training in Collaborative Media - set for a trial run this fall.

The training will be aimed at Boston high school students interested in learning multimedia production for Open Media Boston and similar collaborative web-based news sites.

We'll use the money raised towards paying staff and purchasing any necessary equipment for the training.

Expect drinks, snacks, special guests and good conversation.

Prof. Fred Johnson of the Community Media and Technology Department at UMass Boston will favor us with a few words on the importance of community media and Open Media Boston's place in it.

Groovy sounds to be provided by jazz combo Travelin' Light. Check out their site at http://sonicbids.com/travelinlight.

Admission is $10+ at the door (sliding scale, 1st drink ticket included with price of entry).

Email info at openmediaboston.org for more information.

And as always, be sure to get your metropolitan progressive news at Open Media Boston, http://www.openmediaboston.org.