[act-ma] 9/28: SUNDAY ACTIVISM - "Youth Way on the MBTA"

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Tue Sep 23 13:22:54 PDT 2008

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 11:00am

ACTIVISM AS A SUNDAY
"Youth Way on the MBTA"

After learning about the campaign for the Youth Way on the MBTA the
Community Church of Boston will spend the 4th Sunday of September taking
action in solidarity with young people struggling to gain access to
equitable public transportation. This Sunday will be the first of others to
come where we spend our time as a congregation taking to the streets and
including public witness as part of our regular routine.

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

JOIN US ON SUNDAYS

10:00am Coffee, Tea and Bagels
11:00am Sunday Speakers' Service/Forum (2nd floor)
11:00am Justice School for children and youth (3rd floor)
12:30pm Luncheon
5:00pm  Meditation/Prayer Services

*************

JUSTICE SCHOOL -- FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH!

The Justice School is a new social justice program for children and youth on
Sundays at 11:00am at Community Church. Director JooYoung Choi has developed
a terrific curriculum to teach and learn from young people about social
justice and how to live it. The program is free and you may enroll your
child at any time during the year. We invited you to visit the Justice
School one Sunday to see what it's about, or go to www.thejusticeschool.org
for more details.

Contact JooYoung at jooyoungc at gmail.com or 617.266.6710 if you want to
receive Justice School updates, or for any questions you may have.

*************

LUNCH ON SUNDAYS, 12:30PM

On Sunday after our morning programs, we have lunch with one another in the
Guatemala Room (3rd floor), prepared by our cook Luis Alonso Guzman. Enjoy a
delicious lunch with friends! A small contribution is requested to help
cover lunch expenses.

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community of human beings united
for the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to
all forms of social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Jason Lydon, Congregational Director
Community Church of Boston