[act-ma] Free UP film screening: "Beyond the Mirage: the Face of the Occupation" - Thurs, Oct 2nd

pf soto pfsoto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:22:27 PDT 2008

Showing Thursday, October 2nd, in Cambridge:

*/Beyhond the Mirage /*                                  50 min*/
The Face of the Occupation/**/                            /***

Mi?rage? (mi?räzh?) /n/. a strongly held but false belief: delusion,
hallucination, illusion, mirage, phantasm, misconception

David Neunuebel grew up in an average American home where the Middle
East and the Palestinian/Israel conflict were never part of his world.
Yet after his first visit to the area he knew something was terribly
wrong. What he saw, after many more trips, went counter to every
American instinct he'd been taught growing up. This documentary is an
attempt to get 'beyond the mirage.'

*/Beyond the Mirage: The Face of an Occupation/* is an opportunity to
hear from people who actually live in the region and goes beyond what we
get from the American media.

*When/where*
7 pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends! Free
film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

/"We have to realize that the Occupation and the settlements are in
their essence institutionalized violence." ~ Rabbi Michael Lerner/

/"Any criticism on the policies of Israel is hampered and made
impossible by a terrible trick and crime of Israeli propaganda that any
criticism on the politics of Israel ... is induced by anti-semitic
feelings. What Israel is doing is destroying the Jewish world and the
Jewish heritage."  ~/Hajo Meyer, Auschwitz survivor//

*Unveiling Palestine film series  - see http://rule19.org/videos*
Why should YOU care? It's your money that pays for the occupation &
illegal Israeli settlements.

--
*/ <http://www.mahmouddarwish.com>"As you prepare your breakfast --
think of others. Don't forget to feed the pigeons. As you conduct your

pf soto
rule19.org <http://rule19.org>
UPandOUT.org <http://upandout.org>
AZAPOI.org <http://azapoi.org>