[act-ma] 11/12 JOIN the Fight To End Racism (Wed)

Janet janet at communitychangeinc.org
Thu Oct 30 11:28:41 PDT 2008

The Community Change RAPID RESPONSE TEAM invites you to find out how
you can ACTIVELY fight racism

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
6:00 -8:30 pm
YWCA Building
140 Clarendon Street, 2nd Floor
Boston MA
(one block from the Orange Line Back Bay Station)

Enjoy
Good food
Great company
Inspiring testimonials by organizers and current team members
The celebration of possibility through learning about upcoming
antiracist action opportunities

What is The Rapid Response Team?
We’re a group of individuals in the Greater Boston area who take
action against structural racism by following the leadership of
people of color organizing for social justice. We participate in
protests and rallies, write letters to editors, lobby our
legislators, and more. The Rapid Response Team is a project of
Community Change, Inc. (CCI), a Boston-based nonprofit organization
that has served as a hub of anti-racist learning and action for 40
years.

The Purpose
Our purpose is twofold: 1) To support and to stand in solidarity with
people of color and communities of color who are directly affected by
structural racism; 2) To improve public understanding of this still-
rampant phenomenon by catalyzing antiracist action.

REGISTER FOR THIS ENERGIZING, ACTION-ORIENTED EVENT BY NOVEMBER 8!
send an email to: janet at communitychangeinc.org

More info at www.communitychangeinc.org/RRTeam.html

BECAUSE RACISM REALLY SUCKS!