[act-ma] Help Obama Cleanse the White House

David Goodman david at ibisradio.org
Thu Nov 20 06:09:16 PST 2008

PRESS RELEASE
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Contact Dave Goodman (radioview at ibisradio.org) for further details

www.helpobamacleansewhitehouse.blogspot.com

"As part of our public service to the Greater Boston community and beyond,
the producers of the show RADIO with a VIEW have announced they are
gathering ideas to be presented to the Obama transition team focusing on how
to cleanse the White House of 'bad spirits' and policies left behind by the
current lame duck administration of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

Listeners and viewers are being asked to go to
www.helpobamacleansewhitehouse.blogspot.com in order to proclaim their ideas
and comment on the outgoing government.

The producers of RADIO with a VIEW take their inspiration from Mayan elders
of Guatemala, who denounced the March 2007 visit of President Bush to an
archeological site at Iximche, considered sacred by indigenous peoples, and
who pledged to protect the area from his "aggressive spirit." (BBC story
here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6440639.stm)

Suggestions on how to cleanse the White House will be read on air, posted to
helpobamacleansewhitehouse.blogspot.com, and mailed to the President-elect's
Chief of Staff by the January inauguration."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"RADIO with a VIEW" is a production of I.B.I.S. Radio, the Independent
Broadcast Information Service, in cooperation with WMBR, Cambridge.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RADIO with a VIEW Rundown for
November 23, 2008
WMBR, Cambridge 88.1fm and wmbr.org (live webstream and archives)
10am-12noon

--> RAED JARRAR, Iraqi architect, activist, blogger, and consultant to the
American Friends Service Committee.

--> Journalist BRENDA NORRELL produces "Censored News" from her post in
Tucson, AZ. She has lived on the Navajo Nation for nearly twenty years
writing for the Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American
Indian publications.

--> Reaction to financial settlement between former owners of Michael Bianco
factory in New Bedford and undocumented, deported workers.

--> "Grace Notes" with GRACE ROSS.