[act-ma] FW: This Thur night Planning meeting: First Night against the War-- Peace Fair

danthbagelman at msn.com danthbagelman at msn.com
Wed Dec 3 13:31:39 PST 2008

please forward to as many lists and folk you know who might believe!

From: amyh at texnology.comTo: danthbagelman at gmail.com; danthbagelman at msn.comSubject: This Thur night Planning meeting: First Night against the War-- Peace FairDate: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:24:52 -0500

First Night Against the Wars -- Peace Fair!

Boston's annual First night has over a Quarter to half million folks celebrating the new year -- most of them will be walking thru Copley square on the afternoon of New Years Eve. For the past three years folks have had a anti war vigil at
Copley Square from one till eight to reach those folks.

This year we are changing it and making it a peace fair.

Join Us! We are having our first city wide meeting this

Thursday December the fourth
six thirty at the
Community church at 565 Boylston st.

We are asking if you could send at least one person from your group to help plan the Peace Fair-- and plan
to table there to let people know about your organization's concerns.

Tell one tell all to come this Thursday and call for the next year to be a world without the US war machines! No more wars against the people here and
people abroad!

RSVP:
for more info call Dan at 857-272-6743

Want to participate, but can't make it to the meeting on Thur?
Send email to amyh at texnology.com and let her know that your
organization wants to table on First Night

With the war raging in Iraq and Afghanistan for at least another year? Yes the folks in Washington want to continue it for at least another year for it is good for Raytheon and Halliburton and others.
         The war against Immigrants who listened  to the  statue of Liberty and thought it was true as they were being arrested at their factory job that paid them a real wage versus the 20 cents a hour they earned in their old country.
      As Education, Childcare, and housing is being cut to make way for weapons off mass destruction
           Money for elderly housing gone while we Bailout the rich and Fannie Mae
              Stop  Climate Change, no more war funding, save the Biosphere!

                             Justice for Palestine, end US funding for the Siege of Gaza