[act-ma] 2/10 NEU General Meeting - Sunday, February 10
cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Feb 7 03:16:09 PST 2008
**_PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY TO MEMBERSHIPS, CONTACT LISTS AND LISTSERVS:_**
_**Sunday, February 10: NEXT GENERAL MEETING OF NEW ENGLAND UNITED
(against the war)
**The next New England United general meeting will be from 1:00 to 5:00
PM on Sunday, February 10, at Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Avenue in Boston. **
As a broad-based network of peace and antiwar organizations in New
England, we encourage as many groups as possible to send representatives
to the meeting.
The best parking options are next door to 33 Harrison at 33 Essex
Street, and under Boston common. (See below for more details on parking).
Near the Orange, Green, Red and Silver Lines. For directions to
Encuentro 5, please go to http://encuentro5.org/contact.htm .
*Proposed agenda for the meeting (prepared by the NEU Regional
**1. Introductions 1:00 - 1:10 PM
2. Approval of the Agenda, Facilitators, and Notetaker 1:10 - 1:15 PM
3. April conference report/discussion 1:15 - 1:45 PM
4. Winter soldier report/discussion 1:45 - 2:15 PM
5. Strategy working group report 2:15 - 2:30 PM
6. March 19th report/discussion 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM
7. Break 3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
8. March 10-12 report/discussion 3:15 - 3:30 PM
9. National conference report/discussion 3:30 - 4:00 PM
10. Proposal for action on the 4,000 US deaths in Iraq and million plus
deaths of Iraqi's 4:00 - 4:15 PM
11. Administration (next meeting,etc) 4:15 - 4:30 PM
**More parking information for 33 Harrison:**
Commercial Parking options: Stanhope Garage (33 Essex Street, enter off
both Essex and Harrison) charges either $10 for parking after 6:00 p.m.
and on weekends; there is also parking on Beach Street (turn right off
Harrison). Four blocks away, one can park under Boston Common (enter off
Charles Street) for $10/day on Saturdays and Sundays. Their contact
information is: 0 Charles St Boston, MA 02116, (617) 954-2098. Follow
directions from the Green Line (Boylston Stop) to encuentro5.
Member, NEU Regional Coordinating Committee
NEU Website: *http://www.newenglandunited.org/*
More information about the Act-MA