[act-ma] 10/10 Will the Presidential Elections be Stolen? Film: "American Blackout"
Huibin Amelia Chew
hachew at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 13:15:09 PDT 2008
*Will the Presidential Elections Be Stolen? *
Come to a screening of *"American Blackout"*
*6 pm -- Friday, Oct. 10*
The Democracy Center, 45 Mt. Auburn St., Cambridge, MA 02138
(Harvard Sq T-stop)
"American Blackout" is a critically acclaimed documentary about the stolen
Presidential elections in 2000 and 2004, and voter disenfranchisement. By
examining then Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney's efforts to draw
attention to election fraud and her ultimate ousting, the film raises
questions about the right-wing's organized obstruction of democracy,
Democratic and Republican complicity, and media silence. It underscores the
need for progressive voters to understand our voting system and take it
Followed by discussion on voter disenfranchisement, and the historic 2008
Green Party Presidential ticket of Cynthia Mckinney & Rosa Clemente.
Questions? kaveri.rajaraman at gmail.com
2006 Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize
Many have heard of the alleged voting irregularities that occurred during
the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004. Until now, these incidents have
gone under- reported and are commonly written-off as insignificant rumors or
unintentional mishaps resulting from an overburdened election system.
*American Blackout* chronicles the recurring patterns of voter
disenfranchisement from Florida 2000 to Ohio 2004 while following the story
of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Mckinney not only took an active
role investigating these election debacles, but has found herself in the
middle of her own after publicly questioning the Bush Administration about
the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Whatever you think you know about our election systems or Congresswoman
Cynthia McKinney, this film will make you question further why the news
media fails to accurately inform the public. Directed by GNN's Ian Inaba,
creator of Eminem's "Mosh" music video, *American Blackout* critically
examines the contemporary tactics used to control our democratic process and
silence voices of political dissent.
Featuring: Congressional members John Conyers, John Lewis, Stephanie
Tubbs-Jones, Bernie Sanders and jounalists Greg Palast and Bob Fitrakis.
*Cynthia Mckinney / Rosa Clemente*
*Green-Rainbow Party Candidates for
President / Vice President of the United States!*
5% of the Vote = National Party Status
= Federal Funding + Exposure + Ballot Access in All 50 States for 2012
"*I want to be at that table. I don't want to be outside… *Once we're
treated as a legitimate major party… get access to the *$18 million* that
each party gets just with taxpayer money – what we could do with that money
in *spreading the platform* and principles of the Green party" would
structurally change US politics "in 4 to 8 more years" – Rosa Clemente
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
McKinney / Clemente are a historic, first* all women-of-color* Presidential
ticket, who stand for:
· Reparations; right of return for Katrina survivors
· Universal, single-payer healthcare
· Full employment
· Immediate withdrawal from both Iraq and Afghanistan
· Cut military spending & redirect billions saved to fund human
· Amnesty for undocumented immigrants; opposes guest worker program
as riddled with abuses; end the raids and stop funding the border wall.
Address the trade, economic, & military policies fueling migration.
· End the privatization of prisons; end the "War on Drugs"
· Transgender-inclusive employment non-discrimination law
· Expand women's access to reproductive healthcare & domestic
· Repeal and reverse Bush tax cuts for the rich
· Moratorium on foreclosures; housing is a human right
· A living wage for all workers; ensure workers rights and repeal
Taft-Hartley as well as Free Trade Agreements like NAFTA
*Only** Cynthia (among the Presidential candidates):*
- * *calls for the immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Iraq and
Afghanistan; consistently opposed funding for bloated military and secret
- cosponsored every bill in Congress to create a system of universal health
care under a single payer model;
- authored a bill in Congress to institute a genuine living wage for all
- supports amnesty for undocumented immigrant workers;
- introduced the National Forest Protection and Restoration Act;
- sought the repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act and the Military Commissions
- introduced Articles of Impeachment for George Bush, Dick Cheney, and
- challenged Pentagon Secretary Rumsfeld and Chairman Myers of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff on the $2.3 trillion missing Pentagon money and on
U.S.-sponsored war games taking place on September 11, 2001;
- currently serves on (a) International tribunal on Hurricanes Katrina and
Rita, (b) Brussels Tribunal on Iraq, and (c) is participating in War Crimes
prosecutions in Spain.
*More on differences between McKinney and other candidates:*
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party candidate for President*,* *is a six-term
former Member of the United States Congress, and the first African American
woman elected to Congress in Georgia. *Rosa Clemente,* her running mate* *
for *Vice President*, is a longtime community organizer, journalist and
former director of the Hip Hop caucus.
A Gift for a Generation: A U.S. Financial System of Our
*McKinney on the economic crisis:*
Join us in building a movement for real change! While Massachusetts is
certain to go Obama under the electoral college system -- every vote for
McKinney / Clemente counts! Make your vote count towards 5%.
"We are in this to build a movement. A vote for the Green Party is a vote
for the movement that will turn this country right-side-up again." --
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA