[act-ma] Rogue Economics, Cambridge Forum, Jan 14

Cambridge Forum camforum at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 08:41:26 PST 2009

7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan 14, 2009
Cambridge Forum
Rogue Economics, Loretta Napoleoni
3 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
www.cambridgeforum.org
617-495-2727

Free and Open to the Public

Press Release

Loretta Napoleoni discusses the underside of the global economy in her book, Rogue Economics: Capitalism’s New Reality on January 14  at Cambridge Forum.

>From Eastern Europe’s booming sex industry to China’s “on-line sweatshops”, from al-Qaeda’s underwriters to America’s sub prime mortgage scandal, what is the un-reported function of rogue economics in the analysis of modern economic life?  How does the take-over of whole national economies by a small group of profiteering businesses that generate tremendous, highly concentrated profits by trapping millions of ordinary people into a fantasy world of consumerism impact the local and global marketplace?   Are these dark forces in our economic DNA or are there remedies and controls?

Loretta Napoleoni is one of the world’s leading experts on money laundering and terror financing; she holds a MA from Johns Hopkins and an MPhil in terrorism from the London School of Economics.  She is author of Terror Inc.: Tracing the Money Behind Global Terrorism.

Book signing courtesy of Harvard Book Store follows the program.

Cambridge Forum is taped and edited for public radio broadcast.  Edited CDs are available to the public by contacting 617-495-2727.   Select forums can be viewed in their entirety on demand by visiting our website at www.cambridgeforum.org and clicking on the WGBH Forum Network.

Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone:  617-495-2727
email:  mailto:director at cambridgeforum.org
website:  http://www.cambridgeforum.org

"Bringing People together to talk again . . ."

Cambridge Forum
3 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone:  617-495-2727