[act-ma] Tomorrow: Interfaith Vigil to End the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Leah Madsen leah at circleboston.org
Mon Jan 12 14:29:28 PST 2009

Dear Friends,

There has been a growing cry for a community gathering about the Gaza crisis
that calls for an end to the violence while expressing our anguish for both
the Israeli and Palestinian peoples.

Boston-area Muslim, Christian, and Jewish leaders have jointly written a
statement calling for a ceasefire in Gaza and expressing our desire to
demonstrate that during these most difficult of times we are prepared to
stretch our hands out to each other. The statement with initial signatures
is attached.

Join us for a silent INTERFAITH VIGIL to make the declaration public and
stand shoulder to shoulder with members of Boston's Muslim, Jewish, and
Christian communities. Signs (drawn from the statement) will be provided. No
other signs please.

INTERFAITH VIGIL

Tuesday, January 13

5:30-6:30pm

Park Street Station, downtown Boston

To sign the petition go to:
<http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/interfaithdeclarationforpeace/>
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/interfaithdeclarationforpeace/

This effort is being organized by a wide range of activists from each faith
group. Boston Workmen's Circle has offered to serve as the contact for
logistics. For up to date information go to  <http://www.circleboston.org/>
www.circleboston.org; for questions email  <mailto:info at circleboston.org>
info at circleboston.org.

Leah Madsen
Program and Membership Organizer
Boston Workmen's Circle
leah at circleboston.org
617-566-6281

dangerous content by Darim Online, and is
believed to be clean.