[act-ma] 3/20 & 3/21 House Parties for Chuck Turner Legal Defense (Fri & Sat)

eli beckerman elibeck at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 07:12:22 PDT 2009

Chuck Turner Fundraisers tonight and tomorrow - please attend!
www.SupportChuckTurner.com

==========
1) Chuck Turner Legal Defense Fundraiser

Please join us for an evening fundraiser on Friday, March 20th at the
home of David Ludlow in Jamaica Plain.  The goal is to raise $5,000 of
the $20,000 he needs for legal defense and campaign expenses through
the summer.

Friday, March 20th
6:30-8:00pm
69 Robeson St. (entrance on the right)
Jamaica Plain, 02130

This event is co-sponsored by Mel King, Horace Small and Ty DePass.

There will be beer, wine, water and a chicken or fish entre!  Suggested minimum
donation: $25.

As you know well, Chuck is a most generous, self-sacrificing servant
for the people of Boston and has been a leader in the fight to end
poverty, violence and racism. Chuck is our most dedicated and
effective public servant, and we will stand with Chuck as he fights
his case and continues to fight for our communities.

Chuck Turner will be present, and we will be testimonials and
appreciations from his friends and constituents.

On street parking is plentiful on the non-park side of Sigourney St.

Please join us for this special House Party today!

==========
2)  Mel King and Jill Stein invite you to a Dinner-Tribute and Fundraiser
for Boston City Councilor Chuck Turner.

Saturday, March 21,
17 Trotting Horse Dr., Lexington, MA

5:30-7:30 pm – Dinner & Tribute. Guest speakers include: civil
liberties advocate Nancy Murray, Sandy Eaton of single payer health
care, Judith Foster of the Boston Workers Alliance, Klare Allen of the
Biolab Coalition, and Susan Lees of United for Justice with Peace.*

7:30-9:30 pm – music

Please join us in celebrating Chuck's 44 years of distinguished
service for the neighborhood, community, state and planet. And help
raise money to compensate his legal team for their critical support.

Please RSVP to jillstein1 at gmail.com

We hope to see you there!
Mel King and Jill Stein

PS. Feel free to forward this to others you think will be interested.

*Organization names are provided for identification purposes only, and
do not represent organizational endorsements of this event.