[act-ma] Comedian Jimmy Tingle at Mass-Care's Annual Single Payer Gala!

Benjamin Day director at masscare.org
Tue Mar 31 07:40:05 PDT 2009

Comedian Jimmy Tingle will perform a half-hour set on health reform at
this year's annual fundraiser for Mass-Care: The Massachusetts Campaign
for Single Payer Health Care, and the Universal Health Care Education
Fund! The annual gala will be held THIS SATURDAY, April 4 from 2 to 5PM
at the Ryles Jazz Club in Inman Square, 212 Hampshire St, Cambridge, MA.
There will be live jazz music, food from S&S, and key-note speaker Dr.
Gordon Schiff, past president of Physicians for a National Health Program.

Please join us! Email info at masscare.org for further information, or
visit our web-site here:

http://masscare.org/events/mass-cares-11th-annual-single-payer-gala-in-memory-of-ben-gill/

Mass-Care’s 11th Annual Single Payer Gala: In Memory of Ben Gill

TIME: Saturday, April 4, 2009 from 2PM to 5PM
PLACE: Ryles Jazz Club, 212 Hampshire St, Cambridge, MA 02139
TICKETS: $35 standard admission, $10 for students - please donate what
you can!

Join Mass-Care and the Universal Health Care Education Fund on April 4 for:

* Dr. Gordon Schiff, past President of Physicians for a National Health
Program, speaking on the role of single payer organizing and the
momentum for national health reform.
* Jimmy Tingle! The best local stand up comedian; he has appeared on the
Tonight Show, Conan O’Brian, Larry King, HBO NPR, PBS, and Comedy Central.
* Honoring the work of Mass-Care’s local coalitions: Berkshire
Mass-Care/PNHP, the Cape Care Coalition, and the Franklin/Hampshire
Health Care Coalition.
* The Joseph Lillyman Jazz Band.

Our annual fundraising gala for Mass-Care and the Universal Health Care
Education Fund is coming up on April 4, from 2 to 5PM at the Ryles Jazz
Club in Cambridge! President Obama and Congress have promised national
health reform this year, and with all eyes on Massachusetts our voice is
more important than ever.

Mass-Care and UHCEF recently helped to organize a Congressional Briefing
in Washington, DC about whether the Massachusetts health reform is an
adequate model for the nation. We helped to organize petitions signed by
around 500 physicians and over 40 labor leaders explaining to Congress
that fundamental reform is needed. With each month we are building the
grassroots movement in the state, and trying to have an impact on
national health reform.

We need your help to do this! This is an extremely difficult year for
non-profits to survive. Mass-Care does not accept money from the health
care industry, and we rely almost exclusively on support from
individuals and member organizations. Please support Mass-Care’s efforts
by placing an ad in our annual event program booklet, by listing your
name as a supporter, or by purchasing your tickets now. Download the ad
form below, and write your check out to Mass-Care to support our
political work, or make a tax-deductible contribution to the Universal
Health Care Education Fund to support our educational work.

Thank you so much for your continuing support. We hope to see you on
April 4th at the Ryles Jazz Club for inspiration and fun!