[act-ma] FW: TAX DAY April 15, 2009 Please be there if you can

danthbagelman at msn.com danthbagelman at msn.com
Tue Apr 14 14:40:33 PDT 2009

From: Nailajirmanus at aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:30:43 -0400
Subject: TAX DAY April 15, 2009 Please be there if you can
To: Nailajirmanus at aol.com

TAX DAY April 15, 2009

Post offices: Tabling at post offices in communities. Where Do Your Tax Dollars Go? Reduce the US Military Budget/Fund Our Communities. End U.S. Military Aid to Israel. United for Justice with Peace.

Central Square post office: The Boston Coalition for Palestinian Rights is organizing a tax day event in opposition to US Military Aid to Israel. Central Square post office, starting after work. They will have 1040s that are filled out with budget and destruction statistics; large banner.

Medford/Congressman Markey's office. 5 High Street, 9am-6pm
A day long presence in Congressman Markey’s office between the hours of 9am-6pm, organized by peace and justice activists in MA 7th Congressional District. This will be an opportunity to remind him that we want him to work to open the borders between Gaza and Israel for humanitarian and reconstruction aid and that we oppose our tax dollars of $3 billion year going to Israel while there is mounting evidence of violations of US and international law and world wide calls for an independent investigation into the invasion of Gaza.

Join the presence in his office for at least a portion of the day, if you are a 7th Congressional District voter. All MA voters, join protest outside his office all day, and esp. from 4-6 pm with signs, banners, leaf-letting the area about our tax dollars.

Boston South Postal Annex: Meet at 8:30 PM outside the Boston South Postal Annex (take Red Line to South Station). Join New England War Tax Resistance for awareness, flyering.  Don’t Pay for War!  They will be putting out press release, leafleting.  Look for their banner!

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!