[act-ma] Friday 5/1, 5:15pm: What Is the Purpose of School? (dinner provided)

brgynn at aol.com brgynn at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 07:39:20 PDT 2009

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SCHOOL?

ommunity-Socialization-Investigation (or CSI for short) is coming yet
again for another discussion!  The City School's new workshop for youth
and adults is centered this month around the following questions: "What
is the purpose of school?  How can we effectively measure student
achievement?"

Boiled down, CSI is a political study group at its core, led by youth
and adults with an emphasis on discussing issues and topics that affect
the world we live in.  Different discussion formats are used to present
the information we discuss and to change things up.  Put simply, there
isn't a CSI where you don't leave without some sort of new insight or
information.

Join us Friday, May 1, from 5:15-7:00pm at The City School for another
thought-provoking workshop and rousing discussion.  And of course,
dinner will be provided!

Located in Uphams Corner, The City School is very accessible by way of
the MBTA. It is just a relatively short walk away from the JFK/UMass T
stop on the Red Line, and buses 15, 16, 17, 41 drop people off right at
the Uphams Corner stop.  For those who drive, ample and free parking is
located in a lot right next door.  The exact address is 614 Columbia
Road 02125.  Our main entrance door, however, is on Ramsey Street (a
small one-way street between the CVS and Payless Shoes.

If you can't come, feel free to spread this event to other students,
young adults, teenagers, and adults who would be interested in this
discussion!  If you have questions, comments, or critiques please call
Ruby at (617) 767-7829 or Allain at (617) 697-1862.

Allain C. (Youth Co-Chair, Board of Directors, The City School)
Ruby R. (Development Associate, The City School)