[act-ma] A Memorial Day For Peace

Nate Goldshlag nateg at pobox.com
Tue May 5 16:45:58 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Veterans For Peace and Military Families Speak Out are sponsoring our
second annual Memorial Day For Peace on Monday May 25 at noon at
Christopher Columbus Park near Long Wharf.  Last year, people felt
that this was a very meaningful event.  We will have some speeches,
read names of Massachusetts people killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and
honor all civilian victims of war as we say NO MORE WAR.  In that way
we are *very* different from the usual Memorial Day events.

We would like to make this an even bigger event than last year.
Please consider coming, and forward this on to your mailing lists and
friends.  The flyer is enclosed.  It is also located at:
http://smedleyvfp.org/page15/files/memorial%20day%20flyer.pdf

I hope to see hundreds of you there.  My apologies in advance if you
see this multiple times.

Peace,
Nate Goldshlag
Coordinator, Smedley Butler Brigade Veterans For Peace
---

Nate Goldshlag      nateg at pobox.com (replace at with @)
Arlington, MA       http://smedleyvfp.org