[act-ma] Tue. 6/23 - Sign making for Wed. Protest and update

Sergio Reyes sreyes1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 12:49:57 PDT 2009

Dear compas,

We will meet at E5, 33 Harrison Av. 5th Fl, Chinatown, Boston, tomorrow, Tuesday, 6/16 from 5pm - 8pm for signmaking for Wed. protest.

Our press release must have circulated widely enough to reach the Boston Police, because I got a call from Sgt. Jim O'Connor inquiring about the picket. La Semana will put an article if we take pictures and send a copy of the letter to be delivered to the president, since they are closing down the edition that night.

The response to the call for a protest in front of the Peruvian Consulate has been very positive. Up to this point we have endorsements from:

- Honduran Project
- Mass. Global Action
- The Guatemala Solidarity Committee of Boston
- Latinos for Social Change
- The Boston Anti Authoritarian Movement (BAAM)
- Chelsea United Agaist the War-Chelsea Uniendose en contra la Guerra
- The AFSC Project Voice
- Centro Presente
- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement. Mass. Chapter
- International Action Center

Thank you to all who have responded to the call and hope to see you there (20 Park Plaza) starting at 4pm and closing by 6pm.

In the struggle,

Sergio Reyes

Sign the on-line petitions demanding that the U.S. sign the UN Convention on Migrant Workers Rights

http://www.bostonmayday.org