[act-ma] JOB: Senior Researcher Corporate Accountability International

jobs jobs at stopcorporateabuse.org
Fri Jun 19 06:20:41 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

If you want some insight into getting this job (and others) read this new interview on change.org

Jobs for Change - A must read: 5 questions with a real live non-profit job recruiter! http://bit.ly/vU8sQ

Senior Researcher

For more than 30 years, Corporate Accountability International has successfully challenged corporations like GE, Nestlé, and Philip Morris to halt abusive practices that threaten public health, the environment and our democracy. Today our campaigns challenge the dangerous practices of some of the world's most powerful industries. Think Outside the Bottle exposes the truth behind bottled water marketing and defends the human right to water in the face of increasing corporate control. Value [the] Meal challenges the fast food industry to stop driving an epidemic of diet-related disease, and our campaign Challenging Big Tobacco is blocking industry interference in health policies that protect our kids.

The Senior Researcher will assist in providing the information necessary to develop and carry out our campaigns. Our research focuses on documenting abuses by targeted industries, power mapping corporate targets to inform campaign strategies and tactics, and supporting the development of policies and international regulatory instruments to control transnational corporate behavior. The Senior Researcher is responsible for gathering, analyzing and presenting information relevant to Corporate Accountability International's campaigns and purpose; fact-checking organizing and fundraising materials; and cultivating relationships with key allied organizations and experts.

MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conceptualize and conduct research and analysis of transnational corporate activities and industry trends.
* Work closely with the Campaigns Team to further develop campaigns to stop life-threatening abuses by transnational corporations and identify and gather information to implement campaign tactics.
* Monitor and analyze corporate responses and progress relative to campaign goals and objectives.
* Produce written reports for organizational leadership as well as for public distribution.
* Develop and cultivate contacts with key organizational allies and experts.
* Ensure accuracy of all communications, campaign and fundraising materials.
* Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising and campaign activities.
* The Senior Researcher maintains and manages the organization's information base, under the guidance of the Research Director.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
* Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability and social justice, with a global perspective.
* At least 3 years experience in strategic corporate research, organizing, and advocacy, preferably at a campaign-oriented organization.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge of corporate accountability issues.
* Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis, including facility with spreadsheets.
* Experience in fact-checking.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Familiarity with international law a plus.

ACCOUNTABILITY: The Senior Researcher is accountable to the Research Director.
SALARY:  $33,600 - $40,800, depending on experience, with a generous benefits package.
LOCATION: Campaign Headquarters, Boston.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, résumé, and 3-5 references to jobs at stopcorporateabuse.org.

Corporate Accountability International is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.