[act-ma] Thur Sept 3: Two Films on Abolishing Nuclear Weapons

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Mon Aug 24 13:09:43 PDT 2009

THURSDAY FILM SERIES RESUMES...

TWO FILMS ON ABOLISHING NUCLEAR WEAPONS:

Original Child of the Bomb (excerpt)

Getting to a Nuclear Weapons-Free World

(MA Disarmament Action Network DVD, April 16, 2009)

Thursday, September 3rd 7-9

Cambridge Family YMCA

820 Mass Ave., Central Square, Cambridge (Note new location)

Several nuclear arms treaties will be coming up for review in the next few months, culminating with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty in May.   We will take a look at  several short films and consider with activists from Mass Peace Action, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and United for Justice and Peace how we can support President Obama's commitment, made on April 5th in Prague, to eliminate nuclear weapons world-wide.

Sponsored by Women's International League for Peace and Freedom

For more info: Joan Ecklein 617 244-8054

Refreshments will be served