[act-ma] OMB Opposes Call for Immigrants to Boycott Census, and More at Open Media Boston (week of 9/13/09)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Sun Sep 13 22:41:33 PDT 2009

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Apologies we had to come out late this edition - we had to put
a lot of effort into our Candidates Forum last Wednesday. Check out this
week's top stories from Open Media Boston, but first read this ...

Special Section: First Look at the 9/9/09 OMB At-Large Boston City
Council Candidates Forum
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/904

News: Public Option Advocates Rally for National Health Care on Labor Day
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/907

News: Cautious Tone From Congressman Stephen Lynch At Milton Town Hall
Meeting On Health Care Reform
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/892

News: Housing Advocates Press Deutsche Bank “To Play The Fairway” On
Foreclosures
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/889

Editorial: Open Media Boston Opposes Call for Immigrants to Boycott
Census, Invites Proponents to Respond
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/906

Opinion: CWA Members Show Strong Support for Appointing Temporary
Senator from Massachusetts
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/902

Tech: Restore a Lost or Discarded Firefox Session in Three Quick Steps
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/905

Living: Boston Black Student Network Invites Community to the 7th Annual
Holladay - 9/19/09 at MIT
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/908

Featured Photo: At-Large Boston City Council Candidate Ayanna Pressley
at the Open Media Boston Candidates Forum by Jason Pramas
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/909

Also, check out the OMB Blog where you can check out and comment on the
musings of OMB Editors and friends at http://blog.openmediaboston.org in
a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace
(http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and
group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For
registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.